In today’s fast paced, ego-centric world, it can be all too easy to forget, if even just for a moment, that animals are living creatures capable of emotions. They require nourishment, love and care just like humans do. We know that dogs can cry, cats possess intelligence, horses can discern facial expressions, and so on, and so on. So, let us all take a moment to remember that the human-pet relationship requires constant TLC in order to cultivate a more responsive connection.
Here are some ways that you can better connect with your pet to promote a happier, healthier lifestyle for everyone:
- Understand That Animals Have Emotions: In creating a more conscious connection with your pet(s), you must first understand that they, just like you, have emotions. This is crucial to your relationship and bond, because without understanding, there can be no respect. While animals don’t show or express their emotions in the same way that humans do, they do, without a doubt, feel emotion. There’s plenty of research and empirical evidence to prove it, and it’s not just your typical household pets, like dogs and cats, that feel emotion; it’s all animals.
- Respect Your Pet: Once you begin to see your pet as an emotional being, it’s hard not to respect them. Just as humans do, animals respond to kindness, respect and compassion. And once your pet understands that they are being respected, you will both develop a much closer bond based on true, deep trust.
- Keep Your Pet Fit & Healthy: In forming lasting, trusting bonds, you should respect your pet’s overall well-being. Setting and following a solid routine with your pet to maintain their health and physical fitness is a key component in forming more responsive connections. When you bypass a routine altogether, your pet will not only become unwell, health-wise, but will start acting out, behaving unreasonable, and your connection with them will start to fall apart. Routines keep everyone happy and healthy. They also work to strengthen your overall connection, because your pet will come to look forward to these fun, active moments spent with you.
- Communicate with Your Pet: If you don’t already, you should start talking to your pet. Talking to your pet, in the same way that you would a human, helps bridge the human-animal gap and will bring you and your pet even closer. Remember, animals are extremely intelligent and are capable of responding to communication. It is for this reason that you should frequently talk to your pet to better develop a more responsive connection.
- Don’t Forget to Train Your Pet: For both you and your pet’s well-being, it is important that you train them whenever possible. Training will not only help your pet better understand and obey your orders; it will keep them fit and mentally acute. Training is also a great way to bond with your pet, as it keeps a sort-of dialogue going between the two of you, almost like (in your pet’s eyes, anyway) a language made just for the two of you.
By following the basic tips laid forth in this article, you and your pet can create a more responsive and long-lasting relationship, better than ever before. Forming these conscious connections with your pet means making them more receptive to you, and vice-versa. It’s all about trust and mutual respect. Once you’ve taken all of this into consideration, you and your pet will be well on your way to forming a much more rewarding relationship.