As it’s now officially Fall (no matter what the weather says), it’s time to engage in some of everyone’s favorite festive fall activities! And, we’re sharing some that you can do with your pet by your side. So, spend some quality time with your favorite four-legged companion, and add these activities to your fall bucket list:
- Go to a Pumpkin Patch – Nothing says fall quite like that first visit to a pumpkin patch! And, this is one activity that your pet will love to accompany you on, as you traipse side by side along the rows and rows of bright orange gourds. It’s one autumn tradition you’ll absolutely want to share, just remember to make sure that pets are allowed beforehand.
- Carve Pumpkins – Once you return home and have selected the perfect pumpkin to decorate your porch, grab some carving supplies, and go to town! Your pet can sit and watch, or they can even be the inspiration for your creation as you carve their portrait into the pumpkin.
- Go on a Hike to See Fall Foliage – Autumn is one of the prettiest times of the year, so don’t miss it, and head outdoors with your pet! Become one with nature as you both breathe in the fresh air, and take in some breathtaking sights of all of the gorgeous colors. Plus, it’s a great excuse to exercise in a fun new way. Trust us, your pet will appreciate being one with the “wilderness.”
- Play in the Yard – As you get your home and yard ready for the changing of the seasons, make yard work more fun by letting your pet play by your side. Let them run and jump around in the leaves. There’s nothing quite like the joy that comes from a dog throwing themselves into a nice fluffy pile of leaves! In fact, we suggest you keep your camera handy to capture the moment.
- Host a Costume Party – One of the best parts about this time of year is getting to plan Halloween costumes, including your pet’s! So, why not host a costume party to really show off your pet’s style? Just make sure everyone and everything involved revolves around pet safety so that you don’t overwhelm them or put them at risk.
- Attend a Halloween Parade – Most towns host some sort of Halloween parade, so look in your local listings, and plan a date with your pet. Maybe you’ll find one that the two of you can even participate in together, and show off your cute costumes.
- Watch Scary Movies – It’s almost time for Halloween movie marathons, so grab your little buddy, and get cozy on the couch together. They’ll be there for you to squeeze when you get scared! And, best of all, there are a ton of Halloween classics out there that actually feature pets. So, snuggle up and enjoy!
- Go on a Ghost Tour – Much like the spooky movies, your pet is the perfect companion for a creepy ghost tour (so long as pets are allowed, of course). Explore, and listen to haunting stories together, then hold each other after for comfort from the eerie beyond!
- Go Trick-or-Treating – If you have a crowd-friendly, outgoing pup, you might take them along with you and the family to go trick-or-treating. It’s an activity that everyone can do together in place of a regular walk, plus it’s a fun way to show off your pet’s cutest costume (as long as they’re a willing participant, of course).
There are so many fun ways you can celebrate the season with your pet, we can’t even list them all! Just remember, make safety your first priority, then enjoy this bonding time together.